- Hunter’s born on or after January 1, 1966 must possess a valid Hunter Safety Card while hunting in Wyoming.
- No person shall enter upon the private property of any person without first obtaining Landowner permission. Each guide must have a copy of the written permission slip signed by the landowner of the property on which they will be hunting.
- Hunters must have their 2022 Wyoming wild turkey license and conservation stamp in their possession at all times while hunting.
- The guide will determine hunt strategy and tactics for the hunt. The Hunt Coordinator will determine which hunter gets the opportunity to hunt first. Hunters will alternate opportunities to shoot until successful. This is NOT a trophy hunt – any adult male turkey, long beard is eligible for scoring.
- It is advisable to give your vehicle description to the landowner and tell him/her where the vehicle will be parked in addition to where on his/her property you will be hunting. Leave your car in a conspicuous place. This is in case of any emergency.
- If a wounded turkey should go onto private property where you do not have permission to hunt, it is NOT legal in Wyoming to enter that property to retrieve the bird. You may try to get landowner permission to go after a bird, however, they are not required to grant permission.
- THIS IS A ONE-SHOT TURKEY HUNT. If it takes more than one shot to finish the bird, it’s a disqualification and the bird will not be scored.
- Hunting may begin as early as ½ hour before sunrise. (Those leaving prior to 7 AM will be provided a continental breakfast to take with them.) All birds must be weighed in and the scorecard turned in to the Hunt Coordinator Friday, May 6, by 4:30 PM, and Saturday, May 7, by 11:30 AM. Phone calls are not acceptable. If birds are not weighed and scorecards turned in by the designated time, hunters and their bird will be disqualified by the Hunt Coordinator.
- Wild turkeys must be taken with a 12ga or 20ga shotgun. The hunter must have only two shells in their possession. The second shell to be used ONLY to dispatch a bird, if necessary. Guides will carry extra shells should they be needed to dispatch a bird. Archery is also permitted. Only one arrow can be in the possession of the archery hunter. Guides will have the means to dispatch the bird, if necessary. DO NOT FIELD DRESS THE BIRD. The weight is part of the score.
- Decoys and non-electronic turkey calls are legal.
- A hunter’s score will be comprised of the length of beard & spurs, weight of the bird. In the event the turkey has more than one beard, both beards will be measured for the purpose of the Old West Invitational Turkey Shoot. THIS IS A ONE-SHOT TURKEY HUNT. If the guide determines additional shots are required to finish your bird, it is a disqualification and the bird will not be scored.
- If there is a tie, the least amount of elapsed time will be used as the tie breaker.
- Each hunter’s license with turkey carcass tag must be in the hunter’s possession while hunting. Do NOT remove the carcass tag from the permit until you tag your bird. The hunter shall sign and date the carcass coupon after the harvest and attach it to the left foot of the bird before leaving the site of the kill. The tag must remain attached except during transport to prevent its loss.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: NO alcoholic beverage of any kind will be allowed in the field during the hunt. No hunter or guide will be permitted to hunt if they are in any way under the influence of alcoholic beverages. If the guide or hunter determines that this is the case, the team will not go into the field to hunt or, if determined later, the team shall cease hunting and immediately return to the Hunt Headquarters.
- Any violation of any of these guidelines or any Wyoming Hunting Regulation will warrant disqualification of the turkey, if one is shot, and the hunter and/or guide will be disqualified from the entire hunt. All violations of Wyoming Hunting Regulations will be referred to the local Game Warden.
- Turkey cleaning options will be available. Please check at Hunt Headquarters.
- We ask that you do not drive across hayfields, do not use 4-wheel drives if it is muddy, this is a walk-in hunt only. Please respect the land and the landowners.
ALL LAWS REGARDING HUNTING OF WILD TURKEYS IN THE STATE OF WYOMING WILL BE UPHELD.
ANY HUNT RELATED DECISIONS REGARDING ACCEPTABILITY OF A BIRD SUBMITTED FOR JUDGING OR DECISIONS RELATED TO THE HUNT IN ANY OTHER MANNER WILL BE MADE BY THE HUNT COORDINATOR AND WILL BE FINAL.